A family-friendly company
JP VOKA SNAGA d.o.o. is the recipient of the full Family-Friendly Company certificate, thereby joining more than 240 socially responsible Slovenian companies and organizations already included in the certification project.
The certificate is awarded by the non-profit non-governmental organization Ekvilib Institute in cooperation with the Ministry of Labour, Family, and Social Affairs.
In addition to the measures already being implemented at the company, to make it easier to coordinate work and family life for employed parents we have added the following measures:
- Working hours to suit stages in life,
- Child hours bonus – starting nursery school and primary school and secondary school open days,
- Planning annual leave,
- Additional paid-leave days in case of family emergencies,
- Paid-leave hours in case of family emergencies,
- A team for coordinating work and family life,
- Communication with employees,
- Communication with the general public,
- Employee surveys of work/family coordination,
- The philosophy and principles of management,
- Educating managers in the area of balancing work and family,
- Appreciating social competencies when choosing and/or offering a promotion to future leaders,
- Development of social skills for leaders,
- Psychological counseling and assistance,
- Corporate volunteering,
- Advertising equal opportunities,
- Children at the company,
- Mandatory internship for employee's children,
- New Year gifts for children.
Managers are guiding employees under the following management principles:
- Favorable treatment of families and equal treatment of women and men are the primary elements of the principles and strategy of management and of the values and philosophy of company operations.
- Management is regarded in the company in part as a service for employees. The management methods accommodate the interests of employees, wherein the account is taken of balancing professional and family obligations.
- Through their actions, company managers support the family-friendly human resources policy and they also live in a way that illustrates the compatibility of work and family.
- Company managers function as intermediaries between the demands of the company and the family needs of employees. They try to coordinate productively the interests of the company and employees.